Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Fonolo News

I've been quiet lately - but busy. Busy is good, but sometimes that means no blogging. Gotta make a living, and I'll have updates as things move along.

One item to quickly share - Fonolo had some nice news yesterday with Sirius Canada. Aside from my being an Adviser - gotta be transparent about these things - this is good news on a few fronts.

First, it's a Canadian story, which is always a good thing up here!

Second is the application itself - virtual queuing. It's a strange term, I know, but in contact center circles it's a big deal, and Fonolo has a new twist that makes a lot of sense. I've written about it before, and Fonolo is definitely on the right track for bringing the contact center into the Web world.

Third is more of a sentimental thing. I'm not a fan of satellite radio, but radio is my favorite medium, and I have early roots there. This is another topic, but despite all the head-spinning innovations we have in the communications space, I just think nothing beats radio for immediacy, authenticity and engagement.

Enough talking. If any of this is of interest, then it's time to move on and read the press release.

No comments: